3 CONCERTS IN 5 DAYS: MARINA & THE DIAMONDS CONCERT

There were so much to take in this month especially within the 4th week of October. On October 19, I went to be frooty with Marina at the Greek Theater to see Marina and the diamonds. On October 20, I went to sway with Marian Hill at the Roxy Theater and on October 23, I went to rock with All Time Low, Neck Deep, Sleeping with sirens & One Ok Rock at the Shrine Expo Hall. I will be sharing you my experiences in three parts. The first one will be the Oct. 19 show which is:

MARINA AND THE DIAMONDS CONCERT 





It's Monday and was probably my most spontaneous day ever. I was at work desk when I bought the ticket on the same day in the morning. It was my first time going there and to experience going alone to a concert. I got the best deal since I was in the Section A. I am the type of person who hates to be all the way in the back during a show, especially if it's my favorite one. I need to be at least in the second row. There are valid reasons I'd like to share. First, is my height. I am tiny. I am like 5"0". Second, read the first reason. Unless I'm with my friends then I find it totally fine to be all the way in the back.

That night, I took Lyft for the first time, to take me to the Greek Theater. My first ride was pretty smooth, the driver was  Arabic and fun to talk to. He taught me how to speak "hello" and "thank you" in Arabic, which I think it's pretty cool to learn a new language even it was only two words. There's take-away from having a conversation with him. We were talking about moving here to LA, finding jobs and chasing dreams. Then he quoted "If there's a will, there's always a way." And that couldn't be more accurate.

I also took Lyft on my way home because I didn't want to take two buses home at night. 

Anyway, I got there by 8pm and lined up for the Merch booth. While I was there on the line, I made a new friend, we talked about Marina, Hannah Montana, concerts, and music! When we were close to the booth, I took a peek and I saw that they didn't have my favorite marina merch, so I left the line and went up to go get my ticket scanned, went inside the theater and to find my seat.

My seat was at Section A, Row Q 39. Not bad for my first concert. It was already packed but not as packed as I expected. I badly wanted to go in front but I imagined myself constantly tiptoeing to get a great view of Marina performing, and I was like "hell no", I thought... I might as well enjoy what I have right now and the show instead of giving myself a #shortgirlproblem. That was just not the night for me. 

We waited for about 15 minutes for Marina to show up. And when she was up there, everybody stands from their seats as if we were when during Flag Ceremonies. Her opening was insane! She fricking killed it. She was even more gorgeous in person and I fell even more in love with the woman. Her outfit was as dazzling as her. She had this head-dress of two purple diamonds and I thought it was really pretty, and she got a matching purple costume with it.




During the show, I was even more elated while watching her perform. I sang along even if I was out of keynote, although I couldn't dance that much because I was standing on the chair. People remained standing and I did so as well...on a chair. The whole time I documented her performance on my Snapchat and on my phone (both photos and video). I had the best time of my life!



Her setlist contained all her albums. The Family Jewels, Electra Heart and Froot.




Comments

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)